View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:57 AM   #16
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: God's not guilty

Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker) ....and what makes you think that God's not there? I'm sure someday you'll get over your "mad at God stage? and become more aware that He infact does exhist.

I borrowed this from Lunar Shadow's thread:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) ....16 Common Myths About Atheists

2. Most atheists started out as Christians, and stopped believing because of some bad experience with other Christians:

Or maybe we simply started to question, to wonder what happened when we applied the standards of logic, reason and burden of proof to religion, as we already did to everything in our lives. Or, perhaps, we were never believers at all. It happens, you know.

Yes, I'm mad right now, but not at God, because I do not think that there is such a thing. I am mad, when people accuse atheists, especially the younger ones, of it being just a (rebellious) stage. Most atheists have put more time and effort in studying different religions than most Christians (or for that matter, followers of other religions) ever will, and time and time again we come to the conclusion that these religions lack foundation, are contradictory, open for to many explanations and do not provide answers based on evidence.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Stephen Roberts

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl