View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #1455
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

November 29th

"To reject Gods call is to rebel."

The word rebel conjures up images of motorcycles, black leather jackets, tattoos, and arrogant, angry attitudes. Sometimes rebellion against God does manifest itself in such dramatic forms, but rebellion can be much more subtle. A failure to worship God leads to a failure to listen to his commands. Such disrespect is rebellion against God, whether we wear black leather or suits and ties.

What subtle forms of rebellion tend to creep into your life?

Now if you will fear and worship the Lord and listen to his voice, and if you do not rebel against the Lord's commands, and if you and your king follow the Lord your God, then all will be well. But if you rebel against the Lord's commands and refuse to listen to him, then his hand will be as heavy upon you as it was upon your ancestors.

1 Samuel 12:14-15

But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust me enough to demonstrate my holiness to the people of Israel, you will not lead them into the land I am giving them!" This place was known as Meribah, because it was where the people of Israel argued with the Lord, and where he demonstrated his holiness among them.

Numbers 20:12-13

O universal strength, I know it well
It is but froth of folly to rebel
For thou art Lord and hast the keys of Hell.

C.S. Lewis

Heaven