View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Relearn Love

I have finally heard Relearn Love.

Now I'm not going to complain, but I really don't like this song. I think it is because I expected something very different from Scott. I'll just give my opinion.

I'll say the good things first, it is very good to hear his voice once again, he's still got it voice wise. The lyrics are great, very touching and deep. The verses are quite catchy, can't help but sing along to them.

The are a few reasons why I don't like the song. The girl that is singing in the background really pisses me off, it makes the song sound poppy-ish. I expected more from the guitar, I mean anyone could pick up a guitar and strum out those simple chords, it's very repetitave. And the thing that dissapoints me the most in this song, and it really does make me feel disapointed, is the part after "You gave me the greatest gift of all and you set me free". The techo. Ugh. That's what it is to me, techno, I really didn't like that part, and I think it put me off the song completley.

I'm just really, really disapointed with Scott, I knew that his music would be different, and I know that you can't judge an artist on just one song, I am going to give him the chance, and hope that his songs will get better. Right now I don't think I will buy his album but get it copied and then make up my mind. I'm sorry, but i'm just really dissapointed and I thought this song was going to be a great ROCK song.

But the lyrics are good.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006