Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I never blamed the rest of Creed for Scott's drug use. But if the man has an obvious problem... why didn't they try to help him out? I haven't heard a thing about Tremonti or Phillips doing anything to help him out. The management agency is hired to do more than just booked concert dates. They should've put a hold on the Weathered tour and encourage Stapp to rest and clean up. By pushing Stapp during his state, they actually ended up having it backfire on him. That tour sealed the deal in terms of Creed's evident breakup and as a result of Creed's breakup... they were fired by Stapp and lost some revenue. Creed and Stapp helped put Wind-Up on the map... and have been Wind-Up's biggest success. You would think that they would try to do something to preserve Creed. A lot of people are to blame. Scott messed up, we know that. But at least somebody could had the courtesy to help a man in need.
There's a lot we haven't heard, until very recently. I'm sure we still don't have the full story. I didn't mean to say you blamed them for his drug abuse. I worded that poorly. I meant to say it sounded as if you were blaming them for their not helping him. As I said, it's really not fair to judge the rest of the band members' perceived lack of help. I'm sure at some point they did try to help him, but again, it's extremely difficult to help someone who isn't ready to help himself.

Again, at the risk of repeating myself, it's completely naive to think a management company would give two shits about a drugged-up singer. All they care about is making money, period. I still think there is plenty about the situation we will never know.