Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

After having read the entire thing, all I've got to say is wow. Our suspicions(regarding alcohol and drug use) were, in fact, true. It is very sad and unfortunate that all of this had to happen in the first place. Stapp made some huge mistakes, but those doctors and other people(not in the band, but who were around the band).....how could they let Stapp self-destruct and drink like that? He's an adult, yes, but if you see someone acting like that...how can you not speak up and do something about it? Right when all of this started happening(in '99, I guess), management SHOULD have sent Stapp to rehab. They shouldn't have let this escalate like it did.

It is good to know that Stapp is finally sane enough that he got help for his problems(by going to rehab again). What should be real telling, though, is whether his new found sobriety lasts while he embarks on this upcoming tour. He definitely needs someone(besides his fiance) to keep him in check, so it is good to know that he's got this sobriety coach to help him. I will say this: it takes guts to come out in an interview and lay it all out like that. To be brutally honest and admit to all of the drugs he has taken, all of the drinking he has done, that takes courage. My only wish is that he would have admitted all this stuff a whole lot sooner, as I think it did him no good to wait so long to let it all out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!