View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Happy Album Release Day Everybody!

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Don't get me wrong. I don't approve of how Stapp has acted. But do I criticize him for being a hypocrite? No. Why? Because we're all hypocrites. Every Christian that says they want to change, that says they don't want to make the same mistakes, they're all hypocrites. I fall down all the time. I make huge mistakes over and over again. But I still hope and pray that I can learn from them all and do what is necessary to avoid them. I'm sure Stapp is probably the same way.

True, we don't know for certain about his private life, but given his repeated failures, and on such a large scale, something tells me he's insincere about his music and/or changing. Everyone's got their own demon; I know I do. I'm doing the math, and all I'm saying is something is fishy.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Secondly, regarding playing the guitar: what is wrong with not wanting to play backup and/or not being able to do it? Some people have the ability to play and sing at the same time, while others don't. Some people have the ability to play rhythm and strum chords, others don't. Stapp is a terrific lyricist, a good singer and has good charisma on stage. But playing instruments isn't his thing. If Mark wanted a rhythm guitarist so badly, couldn't they have hired a touring one? I mean, seriously, what does this have to do with the breakup and the music itself? Nothing. It's just another criticism against Stapp that isn't really relevant.

I think it's somewhat relevant. If I were a lead singer and was aware enough to notice that, "hey, this song doesn't sound quite like it does on the album during the solo... maybe b/c there's no backing guitar part?" I might try and help to fix it. And if I didn't notice that at all..... yeesh....

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lastly, I wouldn't want to see the guys get back together and here's why: both sides seem to be pleased with what they're getting now. Alter Bridge fans love the music, Stapp fans love his music and those in the middle can enjoy what both AB and Stapp produce. If you happen to enjoy both, you're getting twice the amount of music that you would have gotten from Creed. And, in my eyes, the music now is better than the latter days of Creed.

I agree with you, although I can't say I was terribly fond of The Great Divide. I liked a couple of songs, but nothing sounded particularly new or original to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) All this to say would I be angry if Creed got back together? No, as long as it was for the right reasons. More than anything, I'd like to see the guys reconcile and be friends again. I don't care for a musical reunion. But I also don't care for all of the bickering.

I think I would dislike it if they got back together. I was happy when Marcos rejoined P.O.D., but there seems to be a slightly different dynamic in the instance of Creed. They two parties don't seem anywhere near reconciliation, and I highly doubt the music would be as good as My Own Prison. Besides, I enjoy listening to Myles.