View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Norva (Norfolk, VA) 2/25 concert review

Quote: (Originally Posted by AliceInChains) I roam the Jerry boards quite often but have yet to sign up. Now may be a good time I suppose with the resurrection of the band, yes? I agree with you: they have been classy regarding Layne. I did see Jerry on the Degradation Trip tour and the singer from the opening band, Comes With The Fall, sang Layne's parts when Jerry performed Alice tunes (you probably already know this though!). Anyway, to date, he is the one being tabbed to do Layne's parts for the forseeable future, to which I respond with a \m/ and a "hell yeah," because he was impressive. There's nothing like hearing Jerry and Layne harmonize on "Down in a Hole," and this William fellow handled his duties admirably. Jerry, of course, simply rocks. They're planning a North American tour! Anyway, at the 9:30 club I'll be the dude who looks like Henry Rollins circa 1986 (no grays just yet!) and, of course, the AIC shirt on.
Yes, yes about William DuVall. He is awesome, as is the whole band. They have a new album coming out soon, and there is a new song posted on the CWTF myspace site called Rockslide. It's great. I'm not sure if William is signed on for anything past the March 10 show, though. I've heard other singers are being considered as well. I kind of hope CWTF gets to tour, though. I would love to see them again.