Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #36
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.
I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.