View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 AM   #75
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Tremonti Vs Mcready-
I own every pearl Jam Album and I must tell you listenening to Both Mcraery and Tremonti is cool but I feel that At Marks age and what he has accomplished so far lets me believe that he is the more talented of the two.Both are great guitarists, but Mark just blows me away with the finger picking and shredding, god only knows what hell be doing on the next album.

Secondly,
Scott Stapp vs Eddie Vedder-

Both do have a similar but unidentical sound, maybe on some of his tones.Like I said before I do have and listen to all the pearl jam albums and Im sorry but there was a serious drop off of writing by vedder from their first album to vitalogy...Clearly vitalogy wasnt even that great of a cd to begin with. I feel Stapp is a way better writer, you may feel different. About Vedder Being a better singer, uhhh I dont know, half the time you struggle trying to figure out what the heck he is saying while he sings, as where stapp is smooth and you can understand his every word.

Curious of input by others

Never have liked PJ, so I didn't know the name of their guitarist was Mcready...lol. Don't own any of their cd's and the only songs I know are the ones they had on radio. So I'll have to go with Tremonti as the better guitarist.

Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike to me. I've never gotten the two confused with each other either. Stapps voice is very clear, and the words are sharp, while Vedder sounds like he's singing around a wad of cotton stuck in his throat. All I've ever managed to understand from one song is..."Jeremy's spoken", and that's it...lol. There is a song that I do like though, and it came from a movie (can't remember the name of it) and I think it was called "Man of the Hour".

Not trying to be ugly about PJ, just never have cared for them much. Never have understood the comparision to Creed either. Imo, they sound totally different.