View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #75
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) The next portion is directed to Secret Weapon

You say that I was never a true Christian (r) because I am now an Atheist

by doing this you are committing the "No True Scotsmen Fallacy" (look it up) (I know you won't) you have not logical grounds to stand on in making this accusation... your book in which you are drawing your conclusion form states if one strays away then they were never a Christian to begin with say that because they want to scare people in to submission if they didn't thousands would actually listen and learn about logic, reason, truth, and science. Rather than hang on to dogma, superstition, and an ancient invisible sky daddy.

I think he says this because we as Christians believe "once saved, always saved". If God truely convicted you and showed you that Jesus is the Son of God and forgives all sins then you would have never left. When we are saved then we are given the holy spirit and the spirit is always with you. Some people believe they were once saved because they believed it at the time in their minds. The belief cannot just rest in your mind. Even the devil believes that Jesus was the Son of God. I'm not comparing you to the devil by any means so please don't take it that way. All I think he is trying to say is that if you are an Atheist now then you were never truely a Christian. Being a Christian means that you were saved by God through Jesus Christ. It doesn't just mean that you went to a Christian Church and believed it at the time. You have to pray that God will come into your heart and believe that Jesus died for you sins in order to be a Christian. If you never did that then you were never a Christian.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light