View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #27
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing) Exactly. You said it. And it's good to see someone who doesn't consider themselves liberal/progressive saying this. I have a hard time finding people that will say this unless they are considered liberal/progressive.

if you ever visit the "moving train" at synergy you would know i'm no leftie!

wylde bands like green day just didn't discover a political conscience for this album. its more out there because they feel the need to spread a message. a perfect circle (great band) is another example. maynard's political views have always being well known but his music generally kept it veiled somewhat and a bit below the surface. even someone like bruce springsteen got political and this is the man who sang "born in the usa" which btw is a very different song to what most people think when they hear the chorus.

i am a major pearl jam fan but i disagree with ed's political views almost entirely. that doesn't mean i think he's unpatriotic or that his views don't count for something. he is just another voice and his opinion isn't anymore valid than anyone else who has bothered to educate themselves. what i don't respect is people on both sides of the ideological fence just blindly following the party lines.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie