View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 01:39 PM   #20
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I never understood how people hated them so much. They say it was because of Scott Stapp. Have you ever been to a Creed concert? It was Scott that made the show. (These statements are not directed at you needforcreed, just talking in general)

I was watching a bootleg last night and it was Scott that "covered" all bases in the show and walked the "catwalk". During some songs you couldn't even hear Scott because the audience knew all the words. Amazing is all I have to say about Scott's stage presence.

People can hate Creed all the want - but they sold millions of CD's and played to sold-out shows night after night.

I have been to literally hundreds of concerts and there are only a few bands that really have that "Magic". Creed was one of them.

Will Mark, Scott P., Brian and Myles have that? I don't think to the same degree. Mark will always be a great guitar player but Myles just doesn't do anything for me. I'll get the CD and probably see them live, if it's convenient for me. But, it will never be the same, never.

There is just something about Scott that draws people in. AB will be in Creed's shadow for a long time.

Wow....It sounds like you are trying to say that Stapp made creed and without him they are screwed.....I would argue that tremonti and the gang made creed more than stapp but it doesn't matter, pointless argument.

You have to realize that One day remains is their DEBUT album. Did Creed magically have awesome stage presence and chemistry when they started on My own prison? No they didn't. I would say that Alter bridge has more of an advantage than creed does because they know how the industry works and using this knowledge will have an awesome show. I have heard from people that they are great live just like creed was, makes me wonder who "made" creed......

I also think that AB will sell out stadiums and such just like creed did just give em time......