View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 10:43 PM   #18
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
<!--QuoteBegin-Aimee+09-25-2003 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aimee @ 09-25-2003 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wicca is an old religion that is sometimes considered satanic, occult and pagan. It is based on worshiping both God and Goddess.
If you study it, you'll find that the early Nordic tribes were wiccan. They used many natural remedies to heal people and held ritualistic ceremonies much like Catholicism today.
Then, when Christianity was approved in Rome, the missionaries went over to transform the Wiccans into Christians. Even going so far as to incorporate their holidays into Christian holidays.
Did you know that the winter solstice was turned into Christmas. Many scientists say that Jesus was probably born in the fall or spring, not December. Also the spring equinox turned into Easter.
I'm not Wiccan, but as a Christian, I don't see it as evil. [/b][/quote]
You are so wrong. First of all How can Wicca be satanic when Wiccans don't even believe in a "satan" or "devil"? They do not worship such dieties. Anyone who thinks so is just regugitating what someone else has told them instead of doing the research for themselves. Pagans yes... satanists they are not... in fact they all cringe at the idea of it. Wicca became "public knowledge" in 1954, when a book titled Witchcraft Today written by Gerald Gardner was first published. Some say Gardner is the "inventor" of Wicca. However, Gardner stated that he himself was initiated into it. Therefore one is to assume that it is much older than that. Throughout history the only way for Witches and Pagans were able to pass on their knowledge was through their covens. And if you were wanting to learn of the ways one would have to find a coven and be invited to join in and then be taught. That's how it's been all over the world for fear of being burned as in "the burning times". Therefore one could assume that this Wicca is indeed acient but only recently public in order for it to have survived as it has.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~