View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 03:47 AM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Creed has evolved. If you ever listened to them, you would hear differences varying from My Own Prison to Human Clay, to Weathered. When your only a fan of one song of the band, your credibility of Creed always sounding the same is about as useful as what I did in the toilet earlier today. I'm not saying you don't hear any of their stuff, I don't know if you do or not. You need to fully listen to their albums with an open mind, listen to interviews from past and present. They have changed, and I for one, expect new stuff on their next album.

H-D

I listened to all 3 albums, and I did notice a slight change however.

a) album-to-album changes are pretty small
B) withing an album all songs fall into 2 categories -- rockers and ballashish slower songs. Again -- there is some diversity within an album, but a minute one.

creed never pushes the envelope. For example new Blur album I got... There are accusic songs, there are electronica base songs, there is a 1 minute long fiernce punk anthem, there are rock songs with elements of techno or jazz, lazy chillax songs, straighforward rock song, funny song, mellower songs... everything you can think of and than some. Yet it all manages to have one style that glues it all togeather, so it doesnt sound like a jigsaw of different music styles.
weathered, however is a very formula based rock album, and a long epic song doesnt save it, as there are oh so many rock albums with an epic track on them.