View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #12
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I don't recall saying premarital sex should be banned or saying that homosexual couples shouldn't be allowed to marry. That is their business. Abortion is quite different. In that case, it is the murder of an innocent being who HAS no vote, and thus they must be fought for by those who do.

Well if you look at it you didn't have a vote 'til you were 18 and you were subject to the laws of the land anyway so are you saying that we should let EVERYONE regardless of age vote? No matter how you slice it Uncertain your view on arbortion is motivated by religious reasons (your religion says it is wrong) that is something you can not deny.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Now if you take your beliefs in politics out to their ends, we shouldn't illegalize murder, drugs, polygamy or anything like that. You wanna make those legal? If you do, I'd actually respect your position more. Right now you are jsut being contradictory.

Actually I do believe that drugs and polygamy should not be illegal and as for murder well if you look around it is legal in some states under some circumstances (in Texas it is legal to murder as long as you tell the person when and how you are going to kill them. and in D.C. dueling is still legal). I think people have the right to govern themselves. Now don’t get me wrong I have morals just because something is legal doesn’t mean I will do it. If it were completely legal to murder I wouldn’t. I go with the philosophy of treating people as you would want to be treated. You get what you give in that respect. Keep in mind that I do have a political affiliation (Libertarian) I do have my ideals but I am smart enough to know that I have to work with the system to change it 