Thread: I love Tremonti
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #44
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I love Tremonti

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Your name "Uncertain" fits you perfectly.

It wasn't funny the first time, it is just freaking lame the second time.

Quote: You obviously have a beef about Mark so why bother arguing a moot point w/ you.

First of all, it is "beef WITH Mark", not beef "about" Mark, and second of all...

WHAT?! I love Mark Tremonti. You are so off base it is hilarious. Ask any of the people who used to be regulars here (where did they go by the way? Titan, Ana, etc.?) and they will tell you I am a big fan of Mark's. The more I like something, and the more I listen to it, the more I can pick out things that need improvement.

Quote: It's people like you that make others roll their eyes in misbelief due to nonsensical gibberish.

Uh, not really. That would be people like you. Everything I have said has been intelligible and based on experience. All you have said is "shut up, you hate mark, he's awesome". I wonder who is spouting nonsensical gibberish.

Quote: In other words, you talk trash.

Talk trash? What is this, a basketball game? People were discussing Mark's relative talent and abilities, I shared my thoughts on him. That isn't talking trash.

Quote: Since you don't care about offending others - I'm sure you can take it.

Actually, I do care about offending others, the gist of the statement was that if my posts regarding Mark offend anyone, then said group of people need to grow up.

Quote: He wrote most of the songs (if not all on ODR).

Uh, duh? I have been listening to and reading about Alter Bridge since months before ODR came out. I know more about them than you do.

Most of the songs are simply not very good writing. They have terrific riffs and solos (though OYE is way out of place), but the lyrics are just awful, and the melodies are... unoriginal. There are great songs, though. FTR is a fantastic song. He does a great job on the verse, and his solo is unreal. Also, the lyrics on the verse are very good. Myles wrote them. The chorus lyrics are... lame. Mark wrote them.

ODR is another terrific song, and once again, Mark is not messing around with attempts at intricate song writing, he is playing fast and aggressive, and it works, spectacularly. The lyrics are not very good, but since the rest of the song is so darn awesome, that does not matter much.

Metalingus is probably the best song on the album. It relies on heavy riffs and aggressive drumming, along with Myles' soaring vocals. It doesn't get caught up in the weaknesses of Mark's ballads or his lyrics. When you are just beating the tar out of your instruments--and doing it very very well--you do not really need to worry much about that other stuff. (WYW is another example of a strong Tremo song).

ILM is just an open chord tuning with a repetative little melody. Absolutely nothing original or different about it. The lyrics are not very good. I mean, I am sure they are heartfelt, but they are at best mediocre.

Quote: ILM is by far the most beautiful and heartfelt song he's written.

Hmmm... I hope not. Actually, someone mentioned Torn a while ago, and that actually is a really good song. The problem is, he hasn't diverged from it in a long, long time. He needs to loosen up and try some new things. He certainly has the chops to play whatever he wants.

Quote: I know you are trying to turn this into a Stapp vs. Tremo debate,

I have engaged in dozens of Stapp/Tremonti debates. There is no debate. Tremonti is fantastic, Stapp is a loser on all counts. I definitely don't need another one of those. Not only am I not attempting to start one, I don't even know where you got that impression.

Quote: but it's all been said.

I know. I said most of it.

Quote: Been there done that.

Indeed? In your 90 posts?

Quote: Grow up

I always am.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 10-20-2006 at 05:31 PM.