Thread: I love Tremonti
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #42
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I love Tremonti

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) ^^^You are uncertain. Mark is not only a terrific guitarist, but he is also a terrific writer. He has written many of the songs you bob your head too and sing along with.

Umm, no, he hasn't.

The guy can clearly write riffs, but he cannot write songs. And writing catchy radio melodies doesn't count. Anyone can write them. For that matter, ANYONE can write melodies you bob your head to. The simpler and less original something is, the easier it is to sing along with.

He is at his best when he goes with heavy riffage. FTR is a fantastic song, because he doesn't try to go outside of himself. He wrote a great riff for the verse, and it works perfectly. The solo in that song is also awesome. Bullets, Unforgiven and Metalingus are also examples of Mark at his best. Those songs are all terrific. But when he gets bogged down in formulaic radio hooks, we get WAWO and higher, two songs that a monkey with a lute could "write".

His ballads are just nonsense. They all sound similar due to their predictable formula, they lack any type of originality...

And his lyrics are just unbelievably awful. I think Scott Stapp wrote better lyrics than Mark, and... for any who knows me, that is saying quite a lot.

Burn it Down is his best attempt at songwriting though, no question there.

Quote: i kno that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you have just said may offend alot of people,

Heh, because that really worries me. I think Mark would most likely be the first to tell you that his songwriting is not his strong point. His technical proficiency and strong riffs and solos are his forte.

Quote: not to mention that i think and know that you are not in the position to be criticising a professional, especially Mark Tremonti.

LOL, that has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.