View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #89
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Kim, I just want you to know I know how you feel. I was depressed as a teenager and also used to cry myself to sleep many nights. I never thought I would be happy.

I'm here to tell you that when things seem their worst and nothing ever seems that it will be ok, you get through it by just going minute by minute, day by day. I never got the help I needed either because I really didn't want to burden my Mom, she was a single mother and worked alot to make ends meet. I really wish I would of asked for help though, As a mother that i am now, I would be heartbroken if I knew my child was in so much pain and they didn't come to me. I think you may be surprised by your Mom if you sit her down and talk to her about how you feel, if not her then someone else you feel comfortable with.

I am also here to tell you , things after High School get way way better!!!!! I met my husband, got married, had 3 kids and never ever thought I could be this happy. I'm not saying it cured my depression, because it didn't, I sought help as an adult and am now on medication for my depression and I can't tell you how much it helps!!! I am happy and not stressed and sad all the time like I used to be. I can't tell you enough times that you need to seek professional help. Please Please take our advice of those who have been how you are feeling now and confide in someone close to you. It's sooo important. What you are feeling now will pass I promise, it's not worth throwing your precious gift of life away. Think about how it would hurt your family and friends to know that you were in that much pain and you never shared with them, please please reach out. I will be praying for you......