Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #3195
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Simplicity

Make things that are complicated... simple and find greatness in that.

That is a thought I am having this morning.

The more simple I make my life the happier I seem to be, I am not weighed down as much when I don't have so much going on around me.

I think of a heart attack and one of the symptoms of a this is feeling like an elephant is sitting on your chest. Extreme pressure and heaviness. It's what happens when the heart is clogged up with fat...

The blood can't pump efficiently..

It is no different outside the body when we load our life full of things and events that don't really matter to us but is based completely on the acceptance of those outside us. Those who really don't matter in the first place. The one's who matter are there when we are in our simplest form.
Those who matter love the person, not the stuff or our social status.

I meet people everyday with nothing but a hospital gown on and their personality. I see them with nothing but themselves...and I don't care what their social status is or how many possessions they own. None of that matters at that point all that matters is the moment when we make contact and how that unfolds.

I met a man recently that stole my heart in the few hours we made contact. It was the way he touched my hands, and the look in his eyes, it was the way he spoke to me and though he was very sick he still found the time to make a joke and laugh. He made me laugh out loud...several times.

It was right after a moment that I cried and hugged a woman that was saying goodbye to her mom...her mom was dying and it made me cry because I felt her pain. She came out of her room and said" I don't want to let her go"... I cried with her. Sometimes we have a hard time letting go of people we love...especially when it seems so permanent. We get so caught up in our physical form that we forget about the spiritual side and the fact that it is the beginning and root of all that is physical. We seem to lose our power and live in the after thought...in the results.

When I walked into his room...he touched my hand and reminded me of what mattered and how real God is in all aspects...the spiritual and the physical.

All he wanted from me was to help him sleep, he hadn't slept in several nights and so.....I helped him sleep.

I went to check on him around 2am, I touched his hand and asked him if he was ok? He said...I am happy as a PIG in ....and he paused...Slop! He was fixing to say the other S word and caught himself. He cracked me up again.

Point is...There is such beauty in simplicity...joy, laughter, touch...a look..a word...a hug...a tear.... just being with each other. Such beauty in that!

Those are my thoughts today.... I am so blessed...and thankful for such powerful lessons in my life!

Last edited by Sasa : 01-19-2013 at 09:47 AM.