View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 03:34 AM   #28
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Altair
 The problem is, they are the blind trying to lead the blind.  It's cyclic.  How can unhealthy, weak, fragmented, cold-hearted people teach their children to be otherwise?  Their parents failed to teach them and they will fail to teach their own children.
OK, but what if we had healthy, strong, whole, warm-hearted children that grew up to be parents to teach their own children...a cycle founded on love and integrity? I would like to hope for a glimmer of light. Do you see a flicker? And, yes, I agree that education needs to be broadened - for the whole child's needs about Living - not just the traditional content - regurgitation.

Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
its the allmighty dollar....

Yeah, maybe if we had some stocks called "children and the future" and we had the Fortune 500s investing, THEN maybe there would be an incentive....maybe people would invest all their resources, financial, time, talent, creativity and caring to develop human potential.

MULLET - our society needs good teachers, especially sensitive male rold models......reconsider!

Dang, I used to love Bill Maher! Kind of lost interest lately, but I admired his bold truths and fearless provocations, and think that sometimes we need to get our of our comfort zones of this surreal Hollywoodesque pretty little world and face the ugliness to move forward. Many people are so apathetic - a little riled up inner revoution is needed to break through to a higher level.