View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks, Sheila. It was INCREDIBLE!!!!
I am SO GLAD I finally got to see them. I can't believe what a show they put on for 37 bucks a ticket. Simply amazing. I can't say enough good things about them. I was so pumped!

They must have played almost 30 songs and Eddie Vedder was effusive in his praise for Philly. He and Jeff Ament got to meet Dr. J, and the opening band, Sparta, even mentioned the no-hitter the Phils had on Sunday.

They played a lot from Ten, including Jeremy!!! (during one of the encores) and several from Riot Act, including You Are, which was a real treat with a funky light show. Mike McCready was insane, all over the stage, ripping solos and jamming left and right, jumping pu and down...so much energy! He was on our side ! Eddie's voice was in excellent form as well and he did a fair amount of guitar playing and jumping around, along with some swigging from a wine bottle. You could tell he could feel the love from Philly as he kept putting his fist to his chest. One of the highlights for me was when they played Nothing As It Seems from Binaural. It's become my fave PJ song of late. Do the Evolution was nuts, too. This crowd was as crazy as the crowds for Creed. We all jumped up the minute they came on stage and there was so much cheering it was defeaning. In every song they played the crowd kept cheering and cheering, after Mike's playing or Eddie's singing. 20,000 people standing and dancing and cheering. Unreal!

We had some binoculars and I could see that Eddie was wearing a Beach Boys shirt, which I thought was cool. He looked really good, although I admit I miss his long hair, especially when he was headbanging.

The CCR and Beatles covers were a real treat. Eddie did the Beatles cover solo and it was sweet. He dedicated the song to anyone brave enough to express themselves in whatever way possible, like writing, art, singing. I just about cried during that. I don't know why it got to me, but it did. It was very touching.

In one of Eddie's more humorous moments, he ripped Sen. Joe Biden (Delaware, I think?) for tacking on an amendment to a bill that would hold venues responsible for people who get caught doing illegal drugs. He basically said people should be able to do whatever drugs they want, LOL....

I can't wait for my bootleg to arrive!