View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
on a side note, the town in which I attend college (it's a pretty big town, about 180,000, with one major state school of about 18,000 and several smaller schools) recently passed a law (it might even be state-wide, but i'm not sure) referred to as an MIC (an MIP, as you may know, is a Minor-in-Possession... if you're under 21 and have an alcoholic beverage in either your actual or constructive possession, you're toast.... an MIC is a Minor-in-Consumption). the way I understand it, if you're being safe and walking home from a party (or walking on campus, as many do) and are a little tipsy (I think your BAC has to be 0.02... 1/4 the 0.08 to be classified as legally drunk), you can get written up as though you had a beverage in your possession. likewise, if you have a party and there's minors there, the police can allegedly get you too for serving alcoholic beverages to minors (I think this is part of a different law, but recently enacted nonetheless)... all pretty retarded, if you ask me