View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sevendust in concert -- Phreaking Awesome!

I just got home from seeing Atomship, Cold, and Sevendust in concert here in Boise. Apartment 26 ended up not being able to be there for some reason or another. But the show was AMAZING!

There was one point, where this girl was jumping right behind me, and her right boob was going up and down my arm. And, there was this girl in front of me who seemed to like jumping backwards. When I'm at shows, I much perfer to be close up, so... well, you get the idea. Then another friend of her's was there too. For a while, I [unwillingly] served as a wall for the mosh pit. Two guys got thrown out for fighting, and there were two girls going at it for a bit. Not sure what happened to them, though.

Sevendust really had the crowd behind them all night. There was so much cheering afterwards for them, that we got them to come out and do an encore, which blew the roof off.

I got to meet Atomship afterwards and get their autographs. And on a side note, I was speaking with Joey, the lead singer, and I coyly brought up the subject of "since you're with Wind-Up records... have you got to meet Creed or Alterbridge, or know what's going on there?" He said they were all really nice guys, and that he was talking with "their drummer, Scott." Apparently, he was a fan of Creed before they became big, and was excited to get singed to WU, and dream of touring with them. He said that Scott told him that "Alterbridge is just a side project. We're still Creed. We will forever be Creed. Creed will be back recording together within time. We're not going anywhere." So, take that for what it's worth.

Overall, amazing night. The perfect way to end the school year, before finals week next week.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"