Thread: tour trouble?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 02:40 AM   #3
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: tour trouble?

Quote: Originally posted by barry
<b>I hate to say it but it looks like the tour is falling apart.The shows are playing to half empty venues and with poor ticket sales the promoters are cancelling shows.The new album has sold well but is an artistic dud and they are turning into a "pop" act and have lost their edge.One last breath is a horrible,bubble gum pop ballad, and folks are making fun of scott in his leather pants and none of the kids think Creed is cool anymore.I cant believe this is the same band that did My Own Prison.They are turning into a &nbsp;
goopy matchbox 20 . </b>
Hi, Barry, I see this is your first post on CF board, so I will try to be polite. Welcome aboard. It's been a rough year for the band, we know about the sequence of health problems/accident which has lead to the cancellations and created some frustrated fans which lead to partially filled venues. These are rough times for the group. Media has been a major diss too. Personally, I love OLB! GREAT ballad, lyrics - powerful message, and healing. As for Scott in the leather pants - (sorry, too distracted to comment)...and the line about "none of the kids think Creed is cool anymore" - NONE?!! What kids? Yours? Yes, MOP is fantastic - different time and emotional space for the band, they have changed and evolved, so has their music. I raise my hands high as a Creed Fan! I am sure others will give you more constructive criticism and may support your views. Again, welcome!