Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #75
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Titan, since when do you point fingers? lol! j/k

Hey, when I'm being taken down by Uncertain, I like to take someone down with me if possible.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge Of Clay) What I meant is I like Stapp's tone (his HC tone) better. Stapp could be in the Top 3 singers of modern rock if had the same range and control as Myles.

I never said Stapp is better though, which he's obviously not. Among the 3 you said, Myles is 1st and Cornell 2nd, if we consider his current shape.

You say rock singers are tenors, but I beg to differ. I don't think it's a rule. There are many rock singers who aren't tenors and they blow a lot of them out of the water.

Amen, bro. That's pretty much what I meant. There is no denying that Myles and Cornell are better singers technically because of their range. Stapp doesn't have that huge range. But he has a certain smoothness(or tone, if you will) to his vocals that I like. What he lacks in range, as far as I'm concerned, he makes up for in passion and smoothness. He might not be able to hit high notes, but when he sticks to a key with which he is comfortable(and good at) he sounds really good, imo. Maybe not to you, Uncertain, but to people who actually appreciate baritones even when they can't hit huge notes, Stapp sounds pretty good(or at least the MOP/HC era Stapp did...but even his new stuff on tour is good).

Good point about Hestla, Marcos. He is one helluva singer.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!