Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #68
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

What I find funny, Uncertain, is that Marcos says this:

Quote: I think I'd still go with Stapp's voice as long as he kept it trained. On the other hand, Myles is more versatile and he's working on his lower tones, which might come to be interesting on the next album.

Bottom line is I wish I had Stapp's voice and I wish I could sing like Myles, that'd be perfect! LOL!

And then I say this:

Quote: If I could have any of them in their prime.....I'd probably go with Cornell. He was absolutely amazing during the early/mid-90s. Not only did he have great range, but he had so much passion(and he still does).

Next, I'd choose Stapp. He was great, imo, during the late 90s(MOP/HC tours). Not only was he at his prime vocally, but he also was very charismatic(and still is) and energetic on stage. Not to mention his ability as a lyricist during that time.

Finally, I'd go with Myles. He's got a great voice and wrote some very good lyrics for MF4, but he's not that charismatic on stage(imo). Not quite as good of a performer on stage as Stapp and there's not quite as much passion behind the vocals like Cornell has. So that's why he'd be third on my list.

Now, if I had to go with how each is currently, I'd probably go with Stapp, then Myles and then Cornell. I've seen some live bootlegs from Stapp's solo tour and he sounds pretty good and seems to still have that stage presence he had during the MOP/HC tour. Myles still has great range, but I still don't think he's as good of a performer on stage as Stapp is. And Cornell's vocals, unfortunately, have deteriorated. I still like him a lot, but he's definitely not at his prime anymore. So that's why he'd be third on my list.

And this:

Quote: Anyway, from my point of view, out of the three mentioned, Stapp had and still has(based on the recent videos) the best stage presence. He just has a lot of charisma up on stage and still seems to be able to hit some notes and sound decent. And while Myles is my favorite vocalist and I think he is truly an amazing singer, I hesitate in saying he is my favorite frontman because, really, he lacks the charisma on stage and the stage presence, imo. Cornell is still an amazing singer, but at this stage in his career, I wouldn't take him as my frontman.

And yet I'm the one crossed off your intelligent people list! j/k

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!