Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #66
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) Justify, I have my opinion as well as you do. I'd like to clarify a few things as I can tell there is some confusion. Stapp had mentioned in interviews that he's responsible for the 'melodies'. I know he wrote many of the lyrics, I'm not knocking that, but he is not responsible for the melodies. That is what I meant by putting him to the test. Let him come up w/ a melody.

Laying on stage did happen years ago and the Creed concert where you enjoyed his performance was also done years ago and it happened before "nap time" in Chicago, which I believe was the end of Creed.

Stapp rides on the coat tails of Creed because he uses the Creed name to promote himself. AB doesn't. It is true that members from Creed are on AB, but they do not use the name Creed to promote themselves. They started out fresh. If people purchased the cd's because they were once Creed, only Creed fans would know that, otherwise if you were not a fan how else would you know? As for Stapp, one would know because it's plastered on his CD's, interviews, and concerts.

I'm certain that Stapp was responsible for some of the melodies just as Mark was responsible for some of the lyrics.

As for actually mentioning the name Creed in promoting his new album I have to say I would do the same thing. Creed was big. He would be crazy not to at least let people know that he was the voice of Creed.

I think that a majority of the sales for both albums have been from Creed fans. If you read the reviews on Amazon for both groups you can see that most everyone compare them to Creed. So they are both definitely still riding on the boost from Creed. You have to agree that both Scott and AB's next albums will be the true test. Everyone knows their new sounds now and will know whether they like it enough to support them on their next album.

Both need that boost from Creed because Wind-Up does a horrible job of promoting them. I haven't heard either band played much around here and that sucks. J-Man, we'll have to agree to disagree because this is getting nowhere.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light