Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 03:39 PM   #63
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Each to their own. Everyone has their preferences, mine is Myles. He does have a great range in his voice and he can pretty much sing anything. Case in point, they take requests from the audience and he delivers. I can't say the same for Stapp. I've seen AB in concert and Myles has great stage presence, he just has his own style. To me he's a mix between Steve Tyler and Mick Jagger whom are extraordinary. What else is cool is that you can tell everyone is having fun on stage and that they love what they do and therefore we as an audience are also having fun. And yes AB does interact w/ their audience (high fives, nods, the rock sign w/ the hand, and tossing souvenirs at the end of every show). They all share the spotlight and acknowledge one another on stage. With Stapp's new band from what I understand the spotlight is on the "King" himself. To me, Stapp is about himself and AB is about the music and their audience.

I have not seen Stapp's solo career (don't plan on it), as far as stage presence the last I remember is him deciding to take a nap on stage at the Chicago show.

Another thing I want to point out is that Stapp rides on the coat-tails of the name Creed as where AB does not. Stapp needs the old name probably because he doesn't have enough confidence to draw in an audience on his name alone.

And lastly, just for the record, since Stapp wants to take credit for Creed's sound, why hasn't anyone who interviewed him put him to the test? Seriously, if he's going to go around saying he had something to do with the melodies, then by all means show us.

Last edited by J-Man : 03-09-2006 at 03:56 PM.