View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
tdub
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
follow up on 'stapp is sick'

So, you post a thread here that isnt praising creed and it gets locked out...interesting.

actually, a little background on me...i WAS a huge creed fan...matter of fact, i still have a Scott Phillips drumstick and a signed pic of stapp hanging in my office (which is soon to come down). I've always been a PJ fan too...prob bigger PJ fan than creed at any one point.

the fact is, creed was great...but to look back and think that an asshole like stapp was writing lyrics that were completely opposite of his true self tends to make a fan feel betrayed in a sense. It's just good to know there are artists out there that hold true to themselves, much like PJ - which is the root of my praise for that band.

and btw - my head is not up vedder's ass. over the years, i defended stapp when friends/critics would say he was an EV rip off. To this day, i dont believe that stapp is a EV ripoff...i believe his voice is unique and genuine...

still, stapp is sick. a very sick individual with many issues. he would do himself a lot of good if he'd get out of the "me me me" mindset.