View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Mother Sues Coors For Son's Death...

Taken from FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117447,00.html)

RENO, Nev. — The mother of a 19-year-old killed in a traffic accident is suing Coors Brewing Co. (search), claiming that it promotes underage drinking.

Jodie Pisco, of Reno (search), contends Coors has failed in its duty to protect the country's youth from drinking. Her son, Ryan, was killed in 2002 after he drank Coors at a party and drove his girlfriend's car into a light pole at 90 mph, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court (search), seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."

Laura Sankey, a spokeswoman for Golden, Colo.-based Coors, said that although she could not comment on pending litigation, the company "doesn't want underage consumers — period."

"Tragedies like this further reinforce why the fight against underage drinking and drunk driving must continue," Sankey told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Also named in the suit were Ryan Pisco's girlfriend and her mother. The lawsuit alleges the girlfriend allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother.

----

Is this complete BS or what? Why doesn't this mother stop trying to find someone else to blame for her son's death and blame the one responsible - her son?

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"