Thread: In 2,000 years
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) In two thousand years, has the world really changed for the better? We have in the news, war. We have in the news, a woman who is being starved to death. We have in the news, animals pitted against each other to the death, for entertainment. We have in the news crimes against children. We have in the news, women who are stoned to death. We have in the news predudice against those who have different religious views. Must I go on?

I ask you, how has the world changed?

Tomorrow is Easter at least here in the U.S.A. please do not forget the teachings of one special person.

Each of us can make a difference if we but try.

how has the world changed??

Well instead of murdering people by throwing rocks at them for petty crimes like stealing a fruit for their children, we have wellfare

well instead of enslaving all women to do our deeds, they actually have rights now

well instead of an entire earth population of about 90 million, its around 6.5 billion

well we dont burn people on steaks anymore because we think they are witches

well instead of cutting rebels heads off, we just put them in jail or let them rebel.

well free speech is kinda useful nowadays

We have poverty now? true, but back then we had 100x more poverty, but instead of laying on the streets, these people were slaves and did the richer peoples biddings or built buildings.

Um standerd of living is more then 100x then it was for the average person 2000 years ago.

No monarchy kings and now instead of our leaders being born into it, we get a democracy of a whole two options.

Um mass genocide isnt as common anymore

Must I go on?

Basically my point is, yes there are problems, but 2000 years ago, there were WAAAAAAY more problems and WAAAY worst ones then now. You cant fix them all, thats impossible, not with 6.5 billion people to care for, thats just impossible.
Also without all this technology / stuff, most of us / all of us wouldnt even exist because the earth and human economy wouldnt be able to support such a large population, so YOUR existance is because of our system of life we live in.

Anyways fact is, things HAVE gone for the better, and not by a little, but by massive bounds and leaps, Its not perfect, and it never will be, because the system is HUMAN and HUMANS in general are stupid and careless, we cant fix that so we have to live with it.

Yes we can make a difference if we ALL work on it, but noone is going to.

Why?

because "humans in general are careless"

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27