Thread: Brett Hestla
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #8
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Here's the deal, an a opioion of mine, some may dissagree but I try not to put it so bluntly.

Mark sucks on bass, yes....indeed he most certainly does. He is not 1/3rd the bass player that brian marshall was, and most likely will never be. If mark was 1/3rd the bass player brian was, creed would not need a bass player. The bass lines on weathered were

-rushed
-un-varried
-could barely hear them

However, I give little credit to mark as any kind of a bass player. As a guitar player, well thats a whole hell of a different story. He is the closest guy if NOT THEE last guitar god we have today in a world of somewhat bleak guitarists. The man is amazing, and this is coming from a guitar player.

With brian marshall the bass lines were vibrant, and really cool to listen to. But with mark, sorry to say that element on weatherd lack tremendously. Why creed could not of hired a studio bassist is beyond me.

So, like I have said before, I view brett as a member of the band pretty much and I'm still hopeing creed will re-comsider. However, it's also entirely brett's choice.