View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #11
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: The Great Divide High's and Low's

TGD was ok. The title song TGD to me is outstanding! But the biggest gripe I have with this album, is that EVERY SONG refers (obviously) to the troubles that Stapp went through, and the breakup of creed (backstabbing, etc etc). My wife was in the car when I played the cd for the first time. We were on our way home on a 2 hr drive. I played the whole disc, and halfway through my wife says "geez, what is this Stapp guy whining about in every song??" She does not know the story or anything about the Creed breakup. Matter of fact, she didnt even know Creed broke up. I was too busy being critical of each song, to see the big picture.... which was his constant refering to his struggles with the band, etc. Now, I don't blame him for writing a song or 2 about all of that stuff.. thats cool. But EVERY SONG? Come on....
I think the song "The Great Divide" (imagine what that is about) is really awesome, I can't get tired of it. And "Surround Me" is awesome too. The rest leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. I still say, Creed will be again.