View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #55
skyguy86
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: News on the single, record, and Steve Karas

^^^Yeah. I mean album sales in general have lost serious ground since Creed departed. Be it thru mega download sites like iTunes or the many bittorrent sites available, albums have taken a backseat when it comes to making money for the band. Now, I'm like a lot of people and just have to have the physical cd, but not everyone is like that

Now, my idea for Creed would get this album out now. BUT not thru download sites. ie dont sell the album on itunes, amazon, or other download sites (i know amazon ships actual albums too but they have a download section as well). This will force people to buy the album, hence boosting sales. But to help build up to that to make sure they DO in fact sell a ton of albums, wind up needs to get off their asses and start promoting this thing. I mean, the band's website, myspace, facebook, etc can only do so much. Wind-Up needs to start promoting in about 2 months ago. And the single needs to get as much air time as possible along with the band doing as many TV gigs as possible WITH new music. If people hear the new music, they'll want more. And that'll make people go and buy the album.