View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Spielberg's Munich causes controversy

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) The 9/11 movies are being released way, way too soon. I went to Ground Zero a year ago, in January 2005, and felt all sorts of emotions. I remember going to see Saving Private Ryan, and in the audiences there were quite a few World War II veterans. That was the most crying I have ever seen in any movie... even more than the Passion of the Christ. These men, decades after the war, were so emotionally scarred from their experiences. 9/11 is too fresh. I mean, we still have the same president in office for crying out loud and are still viciously egaged in combating terrorists. There will be a lot of Americans boycotting these films. We don't need someone to tell us what happened. We watched those towers fall to the ground on live television. If there is ANY attempt, in these films, to villainize the United States... there are going to be a lot of pissed up Americans.

In regards to Munich, I will probably see it soon. I am a fan of Speilberg as a director. It does disappoint me, however, when there Hollywood tampers with history to make political points. That does not sit well with me at all. In fact, I think Team America: World Police was more accurate than Fahrenheit 9/11.

Brokeback Mountain is a film that won't pay to see. I don't agree with its message, at all. Me being a man doesn't make me disagree with homosexuality... it's religion, biology, and the field of medicine.

Well...I cant understand in the first post you said you probably wont se Munich and in this you see will se it soon...You confused me to death...

Ah Chase .. being a man is a point to consider homosexuality as wrong or perverse--its cultural: men avoids this issue - i dont know a man who didnt feel 'disturbed' by this. And i m not judging you men --not saying you are right or wrong--but its obvious. And I think with women we have the same situation.

I almost agree with your first comments( I dont know why I started by the end of this...lol) about movies that vilanizes US...its so naive see things in this way...its the same if I tell you that I dslike all the movies that treat US as the good guy , like US President saving the whole world like in that movie when a meteor is going to collide with the earth (deep impact? I think). Did you like this movie?
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 01-25-2006 at 12:09 AM.