View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #93
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

I did not say that they left him high and dry for MONEY.. sorry if it was taken that way. All former members of Creed had all money problems licked after the first album. These boys will never have to worry about money again. And, when I say Stapp was Creed, this is why..: I am a semi-professional drummer in a successful band, and I have been in the music biz for 15 years. I have seen literally hundreds of awesome, tight, professional bands that would blow your mind. Just hit music row in Nashville on a saturday night and you will see what I mean. You will hear 50 guitarists that are on the same level as Tremonti.. trust me. Tremonti, Phillips, they are great musicians no doubt. But great musicians and great bands that gel together are a dime a dozen. It takes something more to rise to the status that Creed did. And in my experience, you need 2 things that *most* bands lack. 1-An awesome songwriter. These are VERY rare. Stapp wrote most of the songs that Creed ever did if I am not mistaken. (I am sure Tremonti helped but Stapp was the main force behind the writing)
2-A lead vocalist that sets your band aside from others. I know this because I have met many producers over the years, and they all say the same thing. Stapp was lucky enough to be born with that voice. So there you go.
In the same breath, I give credit to Tremonti and Phillips. They fit the style perfectly, and Tremonti (I am a Tremonti fan btw) turned out some incredible and unforgettable licks in each Creed song. Yes it took the whole band to do what they did, but I believe if Tremonti and Phillips were replaced during the middle of Creed's flight at the top, the majority of the general listening public may not have even noticed. But if Stapp would have been replaced.............