View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #9
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) Did anyone lose their lives? Are torandos a normal occurence in NZ?
As far as I know, miraculously no one died, if it had of gone on for any longer I think people would have been in great danger though. No, tornadoes are very rare here, I mean we get alot of wind storms, but not to the extent where there is alot of damage done.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) Of course because you take out Australia and what is there in this part of the world? nothing at all......
Psshh, take out New Zealand and what would there be? .... Ummm ...... Hmm ..... NO SHEEP!

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) lol jk Oh and about that cyclone it was a category 5 off the coast (the strongest) but by the time it got to land it was downgraded to a 1 (the weakest obviously).
Wow really. That's amazing, lucky it wasn't 5 when it reached the land!

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) seriously glad it wasen't near you or the bigger cities in NZ up on the north island.
I'm glad too. Because I probably wouldn't have had a house! Yeah pretty scary stuff though.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006