Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #69
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

i do not love Stapp and I do not fish here for acceptance. That is not the point. I like good music, that to me is manifested in Creed and early AB (ODR period), among many other bands. I find the ABIII to be pretty horrible compered with their previous records, ergo the dissatisfaction and criticism as I believe they can do and should have done better. The key for them is to figure it out all over again - how not to be so complicated and overdeveloped musicians and still produce those simple yet therefore magical tunes. That's why I like Stapp so much. He's a simpleton and can inspire you with his naivite, passion and innocence. Simplicity is beautiful and all good music is simple. But once you get in the overcomplicated and overdeveloped mode, all simplicity is lost and what you get is counterfeit art, that makes you look for riffs, hooks, bridges, some special effects etc., but not the whole thing. Even Full Circle has been suffering from this disease.
So the main question is this - how to rediscover simplicity in the midst of all the acquired complexities and experiences? Creed has a better chance at this.