View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 02:10 PM   #17
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says

The argument that the reasons for war were a lie by Bush's part just astound me. Do people not understand what intelligence reports are? The intelligence reports that both the US and UK had showed an iminent threat with Sadaam. Irregardless of the fact that the reports were later proven to be false, the fact of the matter is at the time the war started, the reports were there and had not been proven false. If Bush had these reports in his hands and failed to act on them, all the anti-Bush people would be in an uproar that he did not act based on the intelligence he had. It's not a "lie" - it's acting on intelligence we had.

And to those democrats who say it's a lie, what about all of Congress who voted to give the President the power to go to war? They must have lied to because they were given all the same intelligence the President and our allies had. If I remember correctly, it was a unanimous decision to grant the President the power to go to war.

And if you want to say this entire war was over oil, please show documented evidence that shows the United States and/or our allies have stolen oil from Iraq. Iraq is the 7th largest importer of crude oil to the US and imports from that country have actually declined since the war. See:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"