View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #21
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour
Re: Question for guitarists.

yea and you can also practise using four notes a string...
this way it helps you to practise your precision of the alternate picking and also exersizes your lil pinky finger
and everyones pinky finger is week...

and the bass guitar thing...
as long as you use a pick to play than you are fine but i dont really agree with the strengthening through the bass.
it can actually change your technique as your hands are already four times as strong as they need to be to play the guitar.
and if you use your fingers to play it tends to also change your finger picking technique and make it alot heavier when you go back to play the guitar when thats not really what you want at all.
thats kinda the opposite effect but then again you dont really want to be fingerpicking so hard your fingers bleed...lolz

but yea if you are going for the heavier sound or a more metal sound heavy gauges are best...only because if you are dropping your guitar down to say "b" from standard and you are using normal or light guage strings, all they are gonna do is flop all over the place. and you really dont want that at all either.

light gauges are more for soloing as it is also easier on your fingers.

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.