View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #72
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Um, Aaron Lewis sounds nothing like Stapp, not even close

Um, no. Remember Ten? I just camped out all night for Pearl Jam tix in Philly. The show, probably 18,000 seats, sold out in 12 minutes. And PJ are still together and don't even need an album to go out on tour. Their live shows are incredible. Bands make most of their money from touring and merch sales, so in that respect, PJ far outranks Creed.

You obviously haven't listened to enough Pearl Jam to make that assessment. Eddie Vedder is one of the best rock lyricists EVER, IMHO. I love Creed, but Scott can't hold a candle to Eddie's writing. And no, Mark is not a better guitarist than Mike McCready, who never gets enough credit for his talent, not to mention the very capable Stone Gossard. Shredding isn't everything, but if you want to hear some kick-ass shredding, check out November Hotel from Mad Season, McCready's side project with AIC's Layne Staley.

Tremonti Vs Mcready-
I own every pearl Jam Album and I must tell you listenening to Both Mcraery and Tremonti is cool but I feel that At Marks age and what he has accomplished so far lets me believe that he is the more talented of the two.Both are great guitarists, but Mark just blows me away with the finger picking and shredding, god only knows what hell be doing on the next album.

Secondly,
Scott Stapp vs Eddie Vedder-

Both do have a similar but unidentical sound, maybe on some of his tones.Like I said before I do have and listen to all the pearl jam albums and Im sorry but there was a serious drop off of writing by vedder from their first album to vitalogy...Clearly vitalogy wasnt even that great of a cd to begin with. I feel Stapp is a way better writer, you may feel different. About Vedder Being a better singer, uhhh I dont know, half the time you struggle trying to figure out what the heck he is saying while he sings, as where stapp is smooth and you can understand his every word.

Curious of input by others