View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed made Stapp?

Well, it's really debatable. But I personally don't think either could have made it without the other one. If Creed had Myles as their lead singer and not Stapp, I don't think Creed would have been as big as they were, simply because Stapp's vocals are more radio friendly. And if Creed didn't have Mark's catchy riffs, who's to say Stapp's vocals and lyrics would have been enough to win over fans?

I think what's telling is what is happening post-Creed. Alter Bridge isn't that well known at this point. If you ask a mainstream music fan who they are, they won't know. Whereas if you had asked about Creed during their heyday, said mainstream music fan would have known exactly who you were talking about.

Stapp is a bit more known, at this point, than AB is....simply because he was the frontman for Creed and has gotten some, well, not so nice publicity over the last few months. Still, the vast majority of mainstream music fans have forgotten about Stapp, as evidenced by the fact that TGD hasn't sold a million records yet and isn't close to that mark yet.

Bottom line is this: Creed was something special. I've heard people on here remark that Creed was like "lightning caught in a bottle". I'd have to agree with that. Bands like Creed don't come along all that often...and I don't think you can attribute their success to any one member. But I do think you can say that every band member, from Flip to Brian to Mark to Scott, played a role in the massive success of the band.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!