View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: But I Thought The Earth Was 6,000 Years Old

It's a good point, and a fair argument. 7 certainly is a significant number too biblically, and spiritually. It is true that time is very different to God, and really anyone who is in that dimension or that body. Time is almost irrelevant, or will be, as bodies don't age, don't get sick when you're talking spiritual.

That said, it's interesting that you have the Millenium, which is also known as "The Lord's Day", which occurs after Satan is imprisoned for a season and Christ reigns on earth as every knee, good and bad, sinner and saint, will bow down before Him in that time before Satan's ultimate destruction and before the Great White Throne Judgment.

I believe the beginning, as it were, parallels in a way with the end. Just for argument's sake, let's go with the idea that each day was 1,000 years. I would go so far as to say that I believe that each one of God's "days" do encompass the same amount of time, as I believe they would be very orderly.

So let's say 6 days of creation=6,000 years, then 1 day, being the 7th,= 1,000 years again.

Now what was that 7th day? Naturally, as it states in Genesis, it was a day of rest. What will the time, or day of the Millienium be? In a sense, it will be a time, or a day of rest. Christ will reign, and in as much as he will be reigning, it will be a time of peace, and of rest.

Now, taking the notion that 6,000 years or so have passed from the time of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, what can we say? Can we say that in God's time line 6 days have passed again and we are coming up on that day of rest? Understand I'm not setting a specific date, just saying I believe we are in that period of time when it's quite likely to happen.

Jason