Thread: Godly phrase?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 04:22 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) I have great respect for God and spirituality. I have however been very disappointed in mankind at times. This term has been used by many to turn away from people in need, and in effect say that it is God's choice that these people suffer. By laying the blame on someone else, they can then feel less guiltly.
Wow, that is some good insight right there. Well said.

Also thanks heaps for your post creedsista! Always good to hear from my fave sis. Keep on posting!

Does anyone know where it originated from? Is it an American term or Engish or what?

I feel that God is more compassionate than this term depicts Him to be. Cos it says in scripture that He takes us out of the mirey clay and sets our feet on a rock, so He must know that there are some circumstances that are way too hard for us to manage. Some people just cant rise up cos they dont feel that they can. Makes me sad that they would hear this term and think that it's the truth U know, and that God aint gonna help them.

Does that sound dumb?

U know what, the term kinda makes me mad now I think of it more...

ROCK HARD!!!