View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #35
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Well if you don't not support them, that would mean that you DO support them. I have to go with Dek here, every single one of your posts I have read have been derogatory both to AB as people, and musically, which I simply can't fathom.
Why is it ok to not like AB and like Stapp, when everyone here is supposedly Creed fans, and therefore alienating more than 3/4s of Creed?
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, and I think I'm being civil about this (by the way Jooji_2, this isn't directed to you, just in general), and really, honestly, just looking for a civil answer, no burns. The fighting and bickering isn't going to stop here until there are either simple understandings of respect towards other people's opinions, or tolerance of the difference of opinions here. For some reason, people can't seem to just agree to disagree, they have to blow everything out of porportion.
I dunno, maybe because I started out at ABrocks and was never *really* exposed to the immature must-have-the-last-post attitude that I'm finding popping up around here, but (other than that) I really do like this board, there's just these random posts that end up getting nasty, and whole threads like this that might as well say "AB vs. Stapp".
Why?

When you talk about respect...dont' you think it should really go both ways? I've never posted comments such as "Tremonti looks like he's stoned"....or "Tremonti needs to relearn music"....or told anyone "you're full of shit". I realize the fact that I don't like Alter Bridge's music isn't welcome here....if I'm perceived as a Stapp supporter...its because I sense that Stapp's music will actually be something I want to listen to.....not a battle of the bands all wrapped up in one band...who can play faster, more notes....louder. I haven't made my decisions based on one listen to Tremonti's music. I've read the lyrics to every song and listened more than once. If you want me to be honest....I loved Creed....and as a result of all of my observations...Stapp appears to be the one who contributed what it was that I loved most about Creed. And I'm not saying the others didn't contribute to the all round experience that was Creed.

The fact that Alter Bridge is 3/4's of Creed doesn't guarantee me as a fan. I've been told that at another message board. If I don't support and buy Alter Bridge I'm not a true Creed fan. Truth is...they aren't Creed...at least to me they aren't....and they never will be. I take alot of crap for those remarks. You can't fathom that I don't like Alter Bridge musically? That to me indicates you don't respect my choice. Why can't people understand that each of us has our own taste in music.

You try to make it as if people who support Stapp's efforts are the only ones contributing to the division between people....if you actually read every post here you will see that isn't actually the case. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a post titled "Scott Stapp Sucks".....Or "Thank God Stapp is gone"....Stapp vs. Kennedy.....I think you get my drift. And I don't find those at Stapp message boards.....you find them in abundance at Alter Bridge boards.....(though I don't visit any official Alter Bridge boards....just the ones here, at VH1 and The Pit...I'm sure you've seen them too. So if you want to blame people for the AB vs. Stapp issue.....read some of those threads you find at Alter Bridge boards. Creed and Stapp fans would generally leave negative comments about Alter Bridge out of it if the consideration went both ways....but it appears that will never happen. And that isn't because Stapp fans refuse to let it die

Last edited by Jooji_2 : 10-10-2004 at 01:57 PM.