View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 01:13 AM   #19
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I disagree. I believe the separation of church and state is necessary, because it allows for ALL religions to exist. Christianity is not the ONLY religion. If government got involved in religion (which it does in many countries and look at the civil wars fought in the name of religion), then it would most likely do its best to shove its beliefs down the throats of those who might worship differently, or worse, persecute those who don't practice as they do. It is a safeguard to prevent people from having to practice their religions in secret. Besides, I don't want MY tax dollars paying for something I may not necessarily believe in.

Oh, i wasn't saying the separation isn't necessary, like i said, i don't even know much about the topic. i was just saying that it seems people are taking every little thing about God out, not just the necessary clash-with-law and stuff, but everything, because they don't want to admit His existance. For example (and its probably not a very good one), Creation isn't even considered a possibility in schools anymore, even though evolution is just a theory.