Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #22
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Jeremiah 9:11 "And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant."

[color="Blue"]God is very good to us and it's important that we catch the clues. This refers to the time that Antichrist is here, which of course has not occurred yet. Who is the Dragon biblically speaking? Naturally, as it says in Revelation, it is Satan.
Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Naturally in as much as when Satan comes and is cast out, He's going to the temple claiming to be God. I don't want to get too far off track here, but I do want to go to 2nd Thessalonians. This by the way is a chapter that pretty much smashes the rapture theory to pieces. But, that's another subject. But I'm going to the 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2. The first 2 verses Paul basically says "I don't want you to be confused about when we gather back to Christ" He then outlines what must happen first

II Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come [it will not be], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

What's that say at the outset? Let NO MAN deceive you. What have we been talking about? Deception. Why would it be that Christ Himself would say that when someone would say "lo here is Christ" in Matthew 24 that He said don't believe that person? Because that "Christ" is a fake! The son of perdition is the son who perishes. There's a lot of people who try to say this was Judas Iscariot. Judas gets his sentence, whatever that may be, the same time the rest of us do. It's very important that we not judge Judas or anyone else, because I believe Judas repented. He took those 30 pieces of silver and threw them down before the chief priests. For all we know, he may be in good standing now with our Father. No, the son of perdition is none other than Satan, in as much as he's already been sentenced to perish by our Father in Ezekiel 28. So again, I don't want to get off subject but I do want to add that Paul is stating here that there is no gathering back to Christ until there is a falling away *APOSTASY* and that Satan be revealed.

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

This is the time that Jerusalem is going to be a den of dragons, because the Dragon himself in Satan will be there... along with his fallen angels. The cities of Judah will be desolate at this time because, as stated in Daniel he's also the abomination that causes desolation, in Daniel 8:13 and also 9:27, and referred to by Christ in Matthew 24 and Mark 13. So our timing is very specific. It can only refer to one time, that being the time of Antichrist's tribulation.

Jeremiah 9:12 "Who is the wise man, that may understand this? and who is he to whom the mouth of the LORD hath spoken, that he may declare it, for what the land perisheth and is burned up like a wilderness, that none passeth through?"

I don't know, do you understand this? Do you work at it so that you can understand it? Again, do you know where true wisdom starts? Proverbs 1:7 the fear, better translated reverence of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Do you revere Him? Do you love Him? I hope so, because He sure loves you. Even in the midst of these harsh sentences and troubled times in this book and in the world today, if you're at least honestly trying to serve Him and understand His will in your life, then He's not angry at you. He wants to bless His children, not hurt them. He's going to explain who He is angry with and why these pastures are burned up, so pay attention.
Jeremiah 9:13 "And the LORD saith, Because they have forsaken my law which I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, neither walked therein;"

A direct contradiction or violation of Jeremiah 7:23.

Jeremiah 7:23 "But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you."

Jeremiah 7:24 "But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward."

Friends, you will always go backward in your life instead of forward when you're doing things contrary to God's law and direction even in your personal life. Does it seem that no matter what you do in life you just can't get ahead, and I'm not talking necessarily financially or just financially. I'm talking about everything. But it's hard to serve God, I mess up! Join the club. You know how many times I've messed up? I've messed up maybe bigger and worse than many of you. He's not expecting you to be perfect. He's expecting you to care and to try, and that when you fall short you repent. Then guess what? Boom, clean slate.... it's as if it never happened and in His eyes you are perfect. Friends, the blessings of God are so enormous, and His love for you and what He sacrificed for you, it's worth it to go after them. But you do have to meet the conditions. The first condition is that you love Him. Because if you really do love Him you don't want to disappoint or hurt Him. It's the same as when you love someone else in your life, be it mother, brother, husband or wife. You don't want to hurt or disappoint them.