Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Jeremiah 8:16 "The snorting of his horses was heard from Dan: the whole land trembled at the sound of the neighing of his strong ones; for they are come, and have devoured the land, and all that is in it; the city, and those that dwell therein."

Geographically Dan was the northernmost tribe of the House of Israel in terms of encampment. When the Assyrian invaded and actually took the entire House of Israel into captivity, he came from the north and so it was the tribe of Dan that first came into contact with him. Notice though that it is talking about something that is past even to Jeremiah. This had happened well before Jeremiah's day, about 200 years before. The 10 northern tribes are gone. They were scattered but certainly not lost, but they are no longer present at that location at this time of Jeremiah's day, or even today as far as that goes. So, this is a warning to what could happen to the House of Judah and Benjamin, and even as much as the Assyrian was a type of Antichrist, it's a warning or type for us today. When you depart from doing things God's way, and especially when you would go so far as to provoke him through idolatry, even adultery in the spiritual sense, then that wall of protection even individually in your life just came down. It doesn't mean you can't get back to Him, but you must repent.

Jeremiah 8:17 "For, behold, I will send serpents, cockatrices, among you, which will not be charmed, and they shall bite you, saith the LORD."

Anytime you see a reference to serpents and here cockatrices, which means or can be translated adders, you know you're dealing with something of Satan. Now, I made mention in referencing the verses in 2nd Corinthians that God is not going to send forth false apostles. Certainly He is not going to in the sense of sending them to go forth and preach a bunch of lies. However, there is a negative part of God's plan at this time. What is that negative part of His plan?
It goes back to those of that synagogue of Satan in Revelation 2 and 3.

Have you read the parable of the tares in Matthew 13? There's a great mystery in this that goes clear back to the Garden of Eden. It's not very popular and it's another subject in and of itself. But it is certainly the truth. Have you not read in John 8 where Jesus in addressing the Pharisees and others of their ilk where He states they are of their father the devil? A lot of people try to spiritualize it when they really shouldn't since in Matthew 13 in the parable the Greek word for "seed" when it speaks of the sowing of seed is sperma. But be that as it may, Satan has his children and his workers who are those spoken of as well in 2nd Corinithians 11 who claim to be apostles of Christ and are ministers of Satan.

Now let's reason this out. Am I saying that God will allow people who claim to be Christian preachers, ministers and really are in Satan's camp to operate? Yes, He will. Why is that? Well, that's kind of what this whole age is about. This is a time in which God needs to see who He can trust and gives basically each individual the right to decide whether they will love God and follow His way, or choose Satan. If there's someone who wants to rely on the traditions of man and follow a "religion" rather than learn to study God's Word on their own so they can rightly divide it and show themselves approved, so be it. If a person wants to be deceived, then they can be deceived. Well that doesn't sound fair. No, it's very fair. God wrote this letter to be received and to be read. If someone doesn't care, God has a lot of patience. He loves His children. He really does. But He likes to have that love returned enough to where people actually care about what He has to say... not what some man says, but what He says. So therefore, if people want to listen to man because what they say sounds fancy and tickles their ears, then, if it actually comes from Satan, then sad as it is to say, they can follow him right down his path. Until that is they decide that they care enough to listen to what God has to say. Then they're just fine. But God said He would send them and He certainly did. The Pharisees and religious leaders during the time that Christ was here, many of them right out of this synagouge of Satan. You've got to listen to God and study His Word.

Jeremiah 8:18 "When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me."

This is Jeremiah speaking and he's grief stricken over this. These are his people, going in the wrong direction. A true man or woman of God can't help but feel this way when they see people just absolutely wrapped up and in total bondage to sin, deception, whatever the case may be.

Jeremiah 8:19 "Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked Me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?"

Even in your everyday life God will not forsake you but you can certainly forsake Him. Again, turning to anything other than God is to your own hurt. Don't listen to man's traditions and religious doctrine unless it matches up to God's Word. When Antichrist is here then indeed it is not the LORD in Zion but a fake. Worshipping that fake will provoke God to anger. Don't let that happen.

Jeremiah 8:20 "The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved."

Harvest biblically is of course the time of the end. Again going back to the parable of the tares in Matthew 13:39 the harvest is the end of the world. If you make it past the harvest when the wheat and the tares are separated and you're not saved, you're in a heap of hurt. You're basically chaff. How am I saved? You read this Word. You follow Jeremiah 7:23 and obey His voice and walk in His ways so that it will be well unto you. You stand up for what is right in this world and according to God's law and you don't concern yourself with whether or not man approves of it. Man's not the one doing the harvesting, God is. Most of all you love Him. You know reading and going through this, as sasa indicated it's bad. For some it is. But for those who love God, who do walk in His ways, it isn't. Even when God went so far as to divorce Israel in the third chapter of this book, He still is willing to take her back. It is not His will that anyone should perish, but that all repent. They won't, but that's what He wants. He took on the sentence that when you think about it you deserve. Why? Because He loves you, and so that you could have that relationship with Him, so that you could come right up figuratively to the holy of holies and come straight to His throne.

Jeremiah 8:21 "For the hurt of the daughter of my people am I hurt; I am black; astonishment hath taken hold on me."

Jeremiah is saying, I mourn for my people. Again, a man or a woman of God should feel this way when they see people who love the Lord used and abused and deceived, by people claiming to be apostles or ministers of Christ.

Jeremiah 8:22 "Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?"

Well there is a physician and there is healing. There will be a time when Jesus Christ is here for 1,000 years during the Millenium in which people who through false teachings and through being deceived by supposed Christian preachers will maybe be healed when taught real truth and discipline. Then when Satan and those who would follow him are finally done away with and we get to the last two chapters of Revelation then there will be healing. What a time that will be. Make sure you're part of it.

Jason