View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
so, we're going MYLES KENNEDY

Ok, ok... before you all start with your replies, pay attention to the bold part below:

IT'S NOT OFFICIAL

But the singer for this new band (Mark, Flip, Brian's) is PROBABLY

Myles Kennedy, from The Mayfield Four.

Submersed performed at Hard Rock and Mark Tremonti was there. Myles was seen hangin out with Tru at the venue and at a post-concert party, at Mark's. (according to MudBaybee at the Pit) So, I guess we could bet on him.

You can check his Myles band at: http://www.themayfieldfour.com/

So, don't expect a Stapp-like singer. His voice is different. Although right now, after I heard some samples, I'm not expressing my opinion. His voice seems at a higher range than Stapp's. But let's see how he fits to the songs Mark wrote. From the samples, I can tell he screams too much... but that's his band. I'm not saying he's not good, actually, he seems pretty good. And he's not like Cornell either. From the 3 Hide posted on another thread, he's closer to Cornell, but he's different.

(Well, the first to thing that came to my attention was Stapp's voice along with Mark's tone in Higher. So, don't think I'm celebrating... coz you know, Stapp mammas will do everything to twist the meaning of things I'm posting right now.)

That said, one song you should check at Mayfield Four's site is Eden (turn the page).

Let's wait to see what happens.