View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 04:01 AM   #9
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
Where do you think the caveman fossils that have been found come from?  Do you think you can believe in evolution and still be a christian?  What type of assumptions did the scientists make?

I think the 'cavemen' things are just human remains. Normal human skeletons. Scientists are saying that some non-human things came from apes, and then we, humans, came from that. So if you believe in Creation, which i think IS a large part of being a Christian, then Adam & Eve's descendants should have been like Adam & Eve, right? Not monkey-things like the scientists are saying.

The assumptions scientists make are, this came from this year so this must have happened and that is the only possible way, and this must have resulted in this, blah blah blah... i know, because i have asked my biology teacher many times why 'scientists know' or 'scientists think' or 'scientists are sure of' many things, and he is always unable to give me an answer...

Things like, if a bunch of chemicals are put together and you add some electricity (ASSUMING that's what the atmosphere was like millions of years ago), you end up with amino acids, which surely, without a doubt, quite obviously turned into living organisms.

A fundamental part of being a Christian is belief in God and his Word, and if his Word the Bible says quite umistakably that God created humans, then i personally think that you can't believe in evolution and still call yourself a Christian. I know many think of God as the guider of evolution, but he says quite clearly that he is the Creator.